- We seek bargains and low-risk investments globally in any liquid asset class.
- We may wait in cash for the right trade.
- We dive into the culture of the company, country and personality drivers of key personnel.
- We build our knowledge base of the top companies around the world, and look for the interaction of news and knowledge to give us investment ideas.
- The process is dynamic, with new ideas replacing old ideas based on better expected returns, adjusted for risk.
- Behavioural understanding is important. We follow how management is compensated. We follow how billionaires use different group companies for different things. We look for behavioural blind spots both in institutions and retail investors.
- We seek to maximise absolute return, while limiting chances of permanent loss of capital by calibrating risk carefully.
- We seek to perform in all markets – bullish, bearish or neutral – with flexible approaches using a variety of instruments and strategies.
CFA, FRM, CAIA – Fund Manager
Prior to launching Luminance Global Fund at the start of 2014, Roshan spent more than seven years with the HSBC Group, including more than three years with HSBC Asset Management, as a Product Specialist. He worked for the highly commended Offshore Indian Equity team which ran US$5+ billion from Singapore, including a US$100+ million award-winning India hedge fund. He has earned an MBA in Management from Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (2002), and a Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering (2000) from College of Engineering, Guindy, Chennai, India.
He holds the CFA, FRM and CAIA charters. He speaks English, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam and French. He is working on his Mandarin. He has worked in India, Japan, Thailand, UK, US and Singapore.
He has served as a Trustee of a global Employee Pension Fund. He was ranked No. 5 in Integrated Climate Change Research (Thomson Extel Survey 2009).
Steve Knabl, Managing Partner & Chief Operating Officer of Swiss-Asia, is a Swiss national with experience in financial services field at general management level since 1999.
Since joining Swiss-Asia in February 2008, he has taken on responsibility encompassing deal & project negotiation and structuring of Funds and Private Wealth Management deals in Asia, Operations Management, Legal & Compliance, Technology, Finance, HR, Due Diligence processes and Structural Risk Management for the firm as a whole. He is also registered as a professional Director with the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority and sits on the Board of Directors of several Hedge Funds.
He attended the University of Neuchatel – Switzerland, in the “Faculte des Sciences Economiques” and continued to acquire a Bachelor of Sciences Degree (BSc) in International Hospitality Management at the Ecole Hôtelière de Lausanne – Haute Ecole Spécialisée (HES).
MBA – Fund Director
Krishna Prasad holds Bachelor’s degrees in Science and Law. He holds an MBA and is a qualified member of Indian Institute of Bankers and a Post Graduate Diploma holder in Bank Management from National institute of Bank Management, Pune, India.
He has over 35 years of experience in banking spanning across Retail, Commercial, Corporate Banking and Risk Management. He has worked in 3 banks: Union Bank of India, ING Vysya Bank and HSBC, where he held various roles in Branch Management, Planning, Development and Strategy, Credit and Risk Management and Training.
He set up the offshore teams (450 staff) for Credit Risk Assessment and Know-Your-Client (KYC) due diligence function for Global Banking and Markets (GBM) division of HSBC that could handle a majority of GBM’s portfolio of credit across 10 markets globally. He was a member of the senior management group in the offshore entity.”